CareerCast has published their list of the 10 worst jobs for 2012:
Physical labor, declining job opportunities, a poor work environment and high stress are all pervasive attributes among those jobs that comprise the 2012 Worst Jobs List.
- Lumberjack- Fells, cuts, and transports timber to be processed into lumber, paper, and other wood products.
- Dairy Farmer- Directs and takes part in activities involved in the raising of cattle for milk production.
- Enlisted Military Soldier-From serving food in the mess hall to fighting a battle on the front line to avoiding land mines along the path to a village, the duties a soldier carries out have very different levels of responsibility. (This one really surprised me.)
- Oil Rig Worker- Performs routine physical labor and maintenance on oil rigs and pipelines, both on and off shore.
- Reporter (Newspaper)- Covers newsworthy events for newspapers, magazines, and television news programs.
- Waiter/Waitress- Takes customer orders, serves food and drink, and prepares meal checks.
- Meter Reader- Monitors public utility meters, and records volume of consumption by customers. (Also runs very fast from mean dogs)
- Dishwasher- Cleans the plates, glasses and silverware used by patrons of an eating establishment, and the pots, pans and cooking utensils used by chefs.
- Butcher- Prepares meat for sale to distributors, supermarket customers, and other consumers.
- Broadcaster- Prepares and delivers news and related presentations over the air on radio and television.