Choose the Life by Bill Hull was another recommendation from Johnny. This was a brilliant recommendation and I am much indebted to Johnny for putting me onto Bill Hull’s writing. Bill’s passion is discipleship – he highlights that for us to fulfil the Great Commission it isn’t about strategies but about depth of faith. About life changing faith. As he says at the start, he explores this through five dimensions of discipleship:
- Believe what Jesus believe (transformed mind)
- Live as Jesus lived (transformed character)
- Love as Jesus loved (transformed relationships)
- Minister as Jesus ministered (transformed service)
- Lead as Jesus led (transformed influence)
The book isn’t an easy quick read, the book itself has depth, but it encouraged me and challenged my thinking in a number of areas. Above all it made me want to hear more of Bill Hull’s thoughts and I have since purchased The Complete Guide to Discipleship. Go find a copy.