This book by the, at times, controversial Driscoll, gets right to the point. At times it comes across as being a Biblical equivalent to Lee Strobel’s The Case for Christ . It is a good solid book which looks at some key questions about Jesus:
- Is Jesus the Only God?
- How Human Was Jesus?
- How Did People Know Jesus Was Coming?
- Why Did Jesus Come to Earth?
- Why Did Jesus’ Mom Need to Be a Virgin?
- What Did Jesus Accomplish on the Cross?
- Did Jesus Rise from Death?
- Where Is Jesus Today?
- Why Should We Worship Jesus?
- What Makes Jesus Superior to Other Saviors?
- What Difference Has Jesus Made in History?
- What Will Jesus Do upon His Return?
In one sense I’m not sure I learnt lots from this book, but it reiterated in a very clear, concise and Biblical way lots that I learnt whilst doing my theology degree. If you want to read about Jesus this will certainly be on my list of books to recommend. My biggest bug bear was the shiney cover which gradually falls to pieces and rustles too much when you’re trying to read next to your sleeping wife!