This evening’s focus was on the Middle East, below are some stories, facts and comments:
- The most closed coutnry to Christianity in the world and yet one of the most spiritually open.
- More Iranians have come to Christ in the last 30 years than in the last 1300 years before that.
- Whole families are turning to Christ!
- Persecution is basic teaching in their Church.
- Reconciliation not responding negatively by retaliating is a key theme.
- A real opportunity to minister to children and young people which has seen a greater sense of freedom of worship.
- A real focus on caring for His sheep at the moment.
This was followed by a focus on Sex Trafficking & HIV AIDS.
Vladimir Steurnagel from Brazil led this section which included a video of a young girl who has been rescued from the sex trade, she was taken to a World Vision centre and is now trying to help others out of the sex trade. He then interviewed Cristo Greyling and Princess Kasune Zulu’s experience of dealing with HIV. Some challenging thoughts on how the church responds to this epidemic.