When I think about the volunteers I work with, they work incredibly hard, and so when they get it right we need to highlight their successes. When we celebrate it encourages people, it highlights that we value them.
Thinking out loud here are som ways I can publicly highlight the great work our volunteers do:
- Send a postcard to their home so all their family/housemates can see what they’ve been up to (this is one we already do a lot and it works really well).
- Highlight them on our tbcYouth blog
- Thank them in front of the young people, and encourage them also to thank the volunteer.
- Share a success story in a service, highlighting the great work the volunteer has done.
- An annual thank you event highlighting what they’ve given and achieved in the last year.
What other ideas do you have, how can we big up our volunteers more?