Here’s some links from the last few weeks that are worth taking a few minutes to read if you’re involved in children’s and youth work:
- Why I Don’t Do Mission Trips Any More: Brandon Hendriks is a 13-year youth ministry veteran who believes that mission trips are often a subtle (or not-so-subtle) way of saying that we have something you need.
- Is there a youth offer?: Matthew Walsham from Partnership for Young London explores the issues around cohesive impact measurement for the sector and addresses the need for further support for young people transitioning into adulthood.
- Fighting the cyberbullies: do we need to regulate our children’s digital lives?: Our teens are among world’s least happy and psychiatrists are seeing record numbers of young girls. What’s wrong?
- Top Youth Ministry Blogs of 2015: Chelsea Ebels put together a great list of top blogs to follow.
- Mentoring High-Risk Youth: Amy Williams has spent years serving young people in gang communities. In this YS Idea Lab she breaks down a few ways she serves these types of young people.
- Creating a visitor driven culture: Nate Turner has given a great outline on creating a visitor driven culture in your youth ministry.