Craig Groeschel of LifeChurch.tv recently turned 40 years old and in celebratation has blogged 40 leadership tips for young pastors (part 1, 2, 3, & 4). Here are my favourites:
3. Ministry is a marathon, not a sprint.
4. Jesus cares more about the church than you do.
9. God called you because He is good, not because you are.
15. Studying for sermons doesn’t replace your personal time with God and in His word.
23. You can’t change people. Only God can.
25. Take care of yourself. Eat right. Rest. Exercise. Take time off. No one else can do that for you.
29. People will leave your church. People you love and trust will leave your church. Don’t take it personally.
36. Love your wife more than you love the church. The church is Jesus’ bride, not yours.
39, Hand write thank you notes.