Apologies but I have made the decision to pull the post on ‘Policing Innocence’ – CCPAS Question Its Conclusions as it seemed to me the comments were descending to a point where they were only producing heat rather than any light.
While this blog welcomes debate (and recognises the importance of it), it seems to me that it may be useful to have some sort of guidelines. To help with this I am going to be adopting Dave Walker’s guidelines. Here is a summary of his guidelines:
I don’t allow comments which:
- Attack another individual
- Are posted with the main aim of advertising the poster’s website
- Contain allegations that can’t be backed up
- Contain language I’d prefer not to see on my site
- Are comments which the poster wouldn’t make to someone else’s face
- Are a load of nonsense
I reserve the right to disallow or edit comments for any of these reasons or for any other reason that might not fall into these categories. This list is incomplete, I’m sure. I aim to be fair. I will allow, for instance, comments that criticise me.
I’m aware that sometimes my moderation is inadequate.
Hope this all makes sense, and look forward to more debate and thoughts from you all. Thanks!