Some quick thoughts from the Czech Republic v Turkey match:
- From the radio commentary that was a brilliant game of football. The match had absolutely everything.
- Petr Cech mistakes are crazy – they don’t happen too often, but when they do there is big repercussions.
- Nihat’s finish to win the match was absolutely superb. Clipped over Cech. In off the the bar. Beautiful.
- What does Volkan think he is doing. Having come back from 2-0 down into the lead why would you push Jan Koller over. Why take the risk of getting yourself sent-off when you are in the lead and about to go through to the next round?
- Turkey are never beaten – they seem to need to be really down and out before they play their best football.