Lots of news in the last few weeks, mainly dominated by Real Madrid’s massive money spend:
- Kaka joins Real Madrid from AC Milan in worldrecord £56million move: Biggest transfer deal in history of football has been completed with Kaka moving from Milan to Real Madrid for £56m.
- Listening to football on the radio while driving is dangerous say scientists: Scientists have found that motorists are far more erratic when tuned into a match.
- Newcastle given £100m price tag: Newcastle confirm the club is up for sale for an asking price of £100m.
- Kaka joined Real Madrid to aid AC Milan’s financial crisis: Kaka says he agreed to biggest transfer deal in history to help AC Milan’s financial difficulties.
- Rooney leads the way as England hit Andorra for six: Wayne Rooney and Jermain Defoe both scored twice as England gave 58,000 fans, who refused to be beaten by a London travel nightmare, ample reward for their defiance with their biggest win in a competitive game since 1999.
- Man Utd accept £80m Ronaldo bid: Manchester United accept a world record £80m offer from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Offer for Setanta stake: US investor Len Blavatnik is offering £20m for a 51% stake in the troubled Irish pay-tv channel Setanta.