Funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- ‘Dying confession’ man charged: A US man who thought he was dying and confessed to a 1977 killing is charged with murder after recovering, media say.
- Spanish police seize 42-piece dinner set… made entirely of cocaine: A 42-piece crockery set made entirely of compressed cocaine has been seized by Spanish police. Forty-five pounds of the drug were sculpted into a cheerful set of plates, cups, pots and saucers – painted blue and decorated with sunflowers.
- Store owner takes on litterbugs: A village shopkeeper is marking sweet wrappers and drinks bottles with the names of children who buy them in a bid to discourage them from littering.
- Finn creates USB ‘finger drive’: A Finnish computer programmer who lost a finger in a motorcycle accident makes himself a prosthetic replacement with a USB drive attached.
- Indian boy survives being impaled on metal pole: A six-year-old boy has survived falling off the roof of a house and landing on an upturned metal pole.
- ‘Brain decline’ begins at age 27: Old age begins at 27 when our mental powers start to decline, research suggests. So at 25 I’m all okay for the minute.