Some more funny or bizarre headlines from around the world:
- Dam-side kayakers condemned: A group of kayakers are filmed as they slide 300ft down a dam spillway in Wales but have been condemned by a water company.
- Britons’ toilet pastimes revealed: Reading, chatting and texting are among the favourite activities of Britons on the toilet, a survey suggests.
- Cash to name babies for Mussolini: A far-right Italian party offers 1,500 euros to parents who name their children after the fascist dictator Mussolini or his wife.
- Flip-flops to stop tipsy feeling: Late night revellers in high heels are being offered flip-flops to help them get home safely.
- Caine reveals Italian Job ending: Sir Michael Caine says he knows what happened after the credits rolled on cult film The Italian Job.
- Britons ‘saving money with sex’: As the credit crunch hits, Britons may turn to sex as a cheap way to pass the time a charity survey suggests.