Random headlines from the BBC website from the last week:
- Rare Eardley hidden behind sketch: A Scots art lover who bought a drawing by artist Joan Eardley finds a valuable painting hidden inside the frame.
- Attacked jogger takes fox for run: A woman in Arizona runs a mile with a rabid fox biting her arm, before she can free herself and take the animal for testing.
- Blind pilot guided to land by RAF: A pilot who suddenly went blind at over 5,000ft is guided in to land by RAF crews from Linton-on-Ouse in North Yorkshire.
- Thief sent ‘sorry’ letter to shop: A former drug addict sends a letter of apology and £100 to a shop he stole cigarettes from seven years ago.
- Canada frees man too big for jail: Canadian authorities release a man weighing 450lb (205kg) – who has been deemed too big for his prison cell.
- Cairo bemused by German art stunt: A man hanging from wall in Cairo sparks a brief emergency, before rescuers find it its just a German art exhibit.
- Russian church ‘taken by thieves’: Thieves have made off with a 200-year-old church in central Russia, Orthodox Church officials say.