Some funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- Councils ticket their own cars … then sue themselves: At least six local authorities have issued tickets against their own vehicles – then refused to pay the fines to themselves.
- Robin Hood hacker exposes bankers: A hacker intent on revealing the finances of leading Latvian firms has become an unlikely TV star in the country.
- UK MEP attacks new EU president: A British Eurosceptic MEP unleashes a highly personal and offensive tirade against the new EU President Herman Van Rompuy.
- Road to be named Lara Croft Way: A Derby road is to be named after the computer game and movie character Lara Croft following a public vote.
- ‘Nose blow’ driver case dropped: A businessman who claimed he was fined by police for blowing his nose while driving has the case dropped.