Some funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- Child ‘directed NY airport jets’: US officials are investigating how a child was apparently allowed to direct planes at New York’s JFK airport in February.
- Kilted skiers set ‘world record’: A ski centre sets the record for the largest number of kilted skiers and snowboarders on a slope at the same time.
- Weddings plan for former prison: Plans are submitted for a former prison, which has also been a munitions factory, to host weddings.
- Crime gang’s 4×4 now police car: A £40,000 car which had belonged to Glasgow criminals is now being used by the police in the fight against serious crime.
- Nuclear bunker sold for £20,600: A decommissioned nuclear bunker in a field in Derbyshire has sold for £20,600 in an online eBay auction.
- Hugging pair break world record: A pair of embracing students from Greater Manchester break the world record for the longest hug.
- Mafia suspect trapped by Facebook: Italian police use social networking site Facebook to track and trap one of the country’s most-wanted mafia fugitives.
- ‘Scout woggles banned’ in Harrods: A scout group say they were turned away from the Harrods store after refusing to removes their neckerchiefs and woggles.
- Car in £300,000 insurance claim: Repairs to a supercar damaged when a test drive went wrong near Aberdeen are set to cost an insurance firm £300,000.