Some funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- Brown gives goods to charity shop: A charity shop in Fife is overwhelmed by interest after Gordon Brown donates some family possessions.
- Police guard bank left unlocked: Officers are called in to guard a HSBC bank in Hampshire after its door was left unlocked with no staff inside.
- World Cup trophy ‘not solid gold’: A chemistry professor says that if the World Cup trophy were really solid gold it would be too heavy for footballers to lift.
- Legal threat to water fight plan: People planning to participate in a water fight in Battersea Park are being warned to stay away or face prosecution.
- Customer leaves cabbie £250K tip: A Cornish taxi driver is £250,000 better off thanks to the will of a grateful customer.
- TV star Dec misses England goal: TV star Declan Donnelly is one of thousands of football fans in London to miss England’s all-important World Cup goal after a power cut.
- ‘I’m with stupid’ Tornado prank: A prank by an RAF Tornado crew spotted flying with a sign saying “I’m with stupid” is laughed off by the MoD.
- Amputee cat given ‘bionic feet’: A cat that had its back feet severed by a combine harvester has been fitted with prosthetic feet in a pioneering operation.