Some funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- Most expensive painting on show: The world’s most expensive painting ever sold at auction – a work by Pablo Picasso – is going on show in the UK, a year after it was bought for £65.5m.
- Cage rage as tiger kills lion in Turkish zoo: A Bengal tiger has killed a lion at Ankara Zoo after finding a gap in the fence separating their cages, zoo officials in the Turkish capital say.
- South African thieves return girl stolen inside car: Two South Africa thieves steal car from a Johannesburg woman’s home, then drive back to return toddler who was inside – keeping the car.
- Stolen gems found in Paris drain: French police say they have found stolen jewellery worth 14m euros (£12m; $19m) hidden in a drain in a Paris suburb.
- Denmark to swap stamps for texts: People stuck for a stamp in Denmark will soon be able to send a text message to pay the postage on a letter.
- London 2012 countdown clock stops: The clock in central London which has been counting down to the 2012 Olympics stops, less than 24 hours after it was launched.
- Monkeys ‘recognise friends’ in photos: Monkeys learn with age to recognise photographs of their friends, according to scientists.