Funny stories from around the world
Some more funny and random headlines from around the world:
- Cat ‘arrested’ at Brazil prison: A cat is “arrested” in the grounds of a jail in the Brazilian city of Arapiraca, with contraband goods for prisoners taped to its body.
- Honduras police seize golden gun: Honduras police put on display a gold-plated, jewel-encrusted AK-47 assault rifle, seized during a raid.
- Twilight leads Razzies shortlist: The final instalment of the Twilight saga dominates the Razzie awards for worst film of 2012, with 11 nominations in 10 categories.
- Your local, ‘independent’ (quietly owned by Tesco) coffee shop: Is your artisan cafe quietly owned by Tesco?
- Mannequin charge woman acquitted: An Aberdeen woman charged after a mannequin was entered as a candidate in last year’s city council election is acquitted.
- Florida holds python hunt contest: The US state is set to begin a competitive Burmese python hunt, in an attempt to rid the Everglades wetlands of the invasive species.
- Runaway boy drives across Europe: A 13-year-old boy takes his father’s Mercedes and drives from Italy all the way to Germany after an alleged row with his mother.
- Mother gives birth on Armenia jet: A baby girl born on a plane flying to Armenia is named after a member of cabin crew who helped deliver her, local media say.
- Top US judge breaks court silence: US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who has not asked a question in court since 2006, breaks his silence by uttering four words.
- Should Scrabble letter values change?: Are the letters Z and X worth too many points?
- ‘Stolen’ train crashes into flats: A cleaning woman stole an empty commuter train in a suburb of Stockholm and crashed it into a house, injuring herself, Swedish officials say.