Funny stories from around the world
Some more funny and random headlines from around the world:
- Rowling unmasked as crime novelist: Sales of little-known crime novel The Cuckoo’s Calling are rocketing after Harry Potter author JK Rowling was revealed as the book’s author.
- Hamlet to go on world tour: Shakespeare’s Globe theatre is to take Hamlet around the world – including to nations which have never before seen a professional production of Shakespeare’s tragedy.
- Virtual adults ‘turn into’ children: In a virtual world adults in a child-like body start to perceive the world more like a child, a new study shows.
- Vietnamese runner’s Arsenal joy: A Vietnamese fan tells the BBC of his joy at meeting the Arsenal team after running 8km (5 miles) alongside their bus in Hanoi.
- PayPal in $92 quadrillion error: Online payments broker PayPal apologises after erroneously crediting a Pennsylvania man’s account with $92 quadrillion (£60 quadrillion).
- Blasting robots clean Sydney bridge: Australia is using two grit-blasting robots to clean the Sydney Harbour Bridge, helping workers with the difficult and dirty task.
- Star Wars city doomed by sand dune: Sand dunes migrating over the Tunisian desert are poised to bury a famous Star Wars film set.
- Lost ring found on Barrier Reef: A newlywed husband is celebrating after the wedding ring he lost on his honeymoon diving in Australia was found just days later.
- Theremin world record set in Japan: Japanese musicians set a new world record for the biggest number of players on the theremin – the musical instrument used without actually being touched.
- Dancers set Riverdance world record: Irish dancers have set a world record in Dublin for the longest Riverdance line.
- Beyonce gets hair caught in fan: Pop star Beyonce gets her hair tangled in a fan during a show in Montreal, Canada.
- Moldova: Construction drills ‘used for surgery’: The prime minister of Moldova orders inspections of hospital equipment amid claims surgeons have resorted to operating with construction drills.
- Squirrel with plague shuts US park: Parts of a national forest in California have been evacuated and closed down after a ground squirrel there was found to be infected with the plague.