Funny stories from around the world
Some more funny and random headlines from around the world:
- Gates calls Ctrl+Alt+Del a mistake: Bill Gates said he would have preferred a one-button alternative to the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Alpine climber finds ‘crash’ jewels: A French mountain climber finds a box of precious jewels in the Alps in what is thought to be debris from an Air India crash decades ago.
- Star Wars voted top movie theme: John Williams’ Star Wars theme has been voted as the UK’s favourite film soundtrack by BBC Radio 3 listeners.
- Spain to consider time zone change: Spanish MPs are to consider putting the country back by an hour, after a report said this would improve eating, sleeping and working habits.
- Swiss wargame casts France as enemy: The Swiss army has carried out a training exercise which simulated an attack by France, it emerges.
- Cash-scoffing pooch gets $500 refund: A man in the US state of Colorado, who left his dog alone in his car, found it had eaten 500 dollars in cash.
- Chimpanzee ‘on the pill’ has twins: A chimpanzee whose birth control failed gives birth to twins at an ape rescue centre in Wareham.
- MP claims 3p for 100m car trip: Former defence secretary Liam Fox successfully claimed 3p of taxpayers’ money for a car journey of about 100 metres, expenses documents show.
- Buckingham Palace hosts football: Buckingham Palace is hosting its first official football match, to mark the Football Association’s 150th anniversary.
- White London taxis sent to Australia: The London cab is being trialled in Australia, but in white rather than the traditional black colour.
- Living Ohio man ruled ‘legally dead’: A US man declared legally dead after he disappeared 27 years ago cannot now be declared officially alive, though he is in good health, a judge rules.
- Papal medal misspells name of Jesus: The Vatican withdraws from sale 6,000 copies of a new papal medal which misspells the name of Jesus – but not before collectors snap up a handful.