Some random headlines from around the world:
- Cell phone survives a week in the belly of a fish: A businessman who lost his mobile phone on a beach was amazed when it turned up — in the belly of a massive cod.
- Woman, 108, gets jury duty call: A Lanarkshire pensioner avoids jury duty after her family inform the court she is 108 years old.
- Woman Called 911 with a McNugget Emergency: Latreasa Goodman had an emergency, her local McDonald’s ran out of Chicken McNugget, so naturally she called 911!
- World’s biggest crossword: The world’s largest crossword has been built on the side of a tower block in Ukraine.
- Canadian Man Got Pepper Sprayed in the Face for Asking US Border Agent to Say Please: Desiderio Fortunato is a stickler for courtesy and respect. But when the Canadian man asked a US Border agent to be polite and say “please,” he got something unexpected: pepper spray to his face!
- Spain arrests ‘cocaine cast’ man: A Chilean man is arrested after his broken leg is found to be clad in a cast made from cocaine, Spanish police say.
- Bionic eye gives blind man sight: One of only three people in the UK to be fitted with a bionic eye talks about how he can see for the first time in 30 years.
- Online quiz plan for pub sell-off: 30,000 entrants are being sought for a £20 competition on the web which will lead to the winner owning a pub.