Funny things children say at Christmas
The funny things children say at Christmas according to the Daily Mail
What gifts did the three wise men bring?
- Rebecca, 5, Merchant Taylors: “They brought Jesus gold and myrrh but I would have brought him a nice warm blanket.”
- William, 7, Merchant Taylors: “I don’t know what presents the wise men brought Jesus but a Lego set would have been better.”
- Ellie, 5, Broomhill Infants: “The three wise men brought Jesus gold, frankincense and myrrh – no real presents. I feel sorry for him.”
- Ellie, 6, Merchant Taylors: “When he was born three kings brought him gold, coins and a sheep.”
Who was the angel Gabriel?
- Erin, 6, Broomhill Infants: “The Angel Gabriel is a big white fairy. He helped Mary and Joseph look after the baby – kind of like a doctor.”
- Jay, 5, Broomhill Infants: “There was also an angel called Gabriel, whose favourite thing was to fly around all day.”
- Molly, 6, Broomhill Infants: “Angel Gabriel was also there and he has yellow wings and a white costume.”
- Katherine, 9, from St James’ Church of England Primary School, Weybridge, Surrey: “Gabriel was this herald angel. He was a boy but he’s played by a girl in Christmas plays.”
Why do we celebrate Christmas?
- Ellyshia, 9, St James’ Primary: “I am not really a Christian. I believe in unicorns and pixies.”
- Ben, 7, Broad Oak: “We celebrate Christmas because Santa comes and gives us lots and lots of presents.”
Where was Jesus born?
- Charlie, 4, Broomhill Infants: “He was born in a stable a long way away from here in another country. Bethlehem – it’s in England.”
- Erin, 6, Broomhill Infants: “Jesus was born in the stable – it had lots of hairs.”