Future in Mind – Children’s Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health priorities for Hampshire
Future in Mind, was published in March 2015 by the government to establish priorities for Children and Young People’s Mental Health. In addition the government committed to spend an additional £1.25bn over five years on Children and Young People’s Mental Health. CCGs have had to submit transformation plans to NHS England, and North East Hampshire & Farnham CCG has led on the development of plans on behalf of the five Hampshire CCGs.
Priority areas for investment:
- commission earlier intervention services through evidenced based counselling / psychological support
- increased access to earlier intervention services through evidenced based parenting programmes
- improve access and support for young people who have been sexually abused and/or exploited
- develop Eating Disorder Service to ensure compliance with new standards
- reduce waiting times for young people waiting for an intervention from CAMHS
- improved access to technological solutions that support young people’s emotional wellbeing and mental health.
£2.36m has been allocated across the five Hampshire CCGs. A board paper for West Hampshire CCG gives a breakdown of how this is being split between the CCGs. Access the board paper here.