iGroup session 3 was potentially the most useful. We started by spending some time identifying key things that influence church leaders:
- Too many meetings
- Denominational leadership
- The need to conform
- Other evangelical churches
- Groups such as New Wine, being Purpose Driven etc
- Informal relationships with other leaders
- Fragmented society and faith
We were challenged on how there is a lack of clear leadership in the evangelical movement, and that in a sense, no one has really taken on John Stott’s mantle piece – who will be the next leader to define the UK?
We then had 3 church leaders and 3 heads of mission agencies share some of the successes and frustrations with the relationship between church and mission agency. It was really helpful, although we ended with no time for discussion or debate.