Last week for my line-manager I wrote a list of some things I need to say no to, to allow me to focus on more important priorities for this next season.
The things I said no to include helping with two regional Boys’ Brigade weekends, direct involvement in cell groups, cutting back my attendance from our local community groups, and being more focussed on our schools work – not saying yes to every opportunity in our local schools.
My priorities for this next season are:
- Management, leading, and pastoring of adults
- Writing of resources and articles
- Further training that leads to a qualification (e.g. MA and / or JNC status)
- The transition of year 6s including those about to attend our local secondary school
- Calendaring in mentoring sessions into quieter seasons of work
- Recruiting and training of leaders
- Delegation of administrative tasks
What things are on your “no” list, what things are you focussing on for this season.