Here are some sports headlines (minus the Liverpool game against Real):
- Cristiano Ronaldo to enlist Usain Bolt help in need for speed: Cristiano Ronaldo turns to Usain Bolt to add pace to his dazzling repertoire of stepovers and dummies.
- Abuse leads 7,000 refs a year to quit: Seven thousand football referees are quitting every season because of abuse on the pitch and the touchlines.
- Galaxy rewarded by playing hard ball over Beckham
- GB ‘will enter Olympic football’: A Great Britain football team will play at the 2012 Olympics even if it is made up of only English players, sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe insists.
- Top 10: Champions League managers: The top 10 most successful managers in the Champions League.
- Bayern Munich destroy Sporting Lisbon: Bayern Munich 7- 1 Sporting Lisbon. Agg: 12-1. Bayern Munich carried on where they left off in the first leg when they inflicted record defeat on Sporting Lisbon to reach quarters.
- West Ham to win three months’ grace: West Ham United’s Icelandic owners are on the verge of securing a vital court victory providing a further three months’ protection from bankruptcy, giving them until the summer to negotiate the club’s sale.
- Referee’s blunder sparks Chelsea coach Guus Hiddink’s plea for goalline cameras: Chelsea coach calls for goalline technology after legitimate Didier Drogba strike ruled out.
- I can take any booing – Beckham: David Beckham tells BBC Sport he can handle any hostility from LA Galaxy fans when he eventually returns to the United States to continue his MLS career.