The challenge for any youth worker is how do we talk with the young people about the shocking news of the terror attacks in Paris.
The Frontier Youth Trust through Ian Long and Pip Wilson have produced a brilliant Blob Paris – a free blob download for those working with children and young people:
In the light of the shocking news about the terror attacks in Paris, this Blob sheet provides children and adults with an opportunity to discuss their feelings about the events. Here are a set of questions which can be used or adapted for your own situation.
With your partner, discuss what you can see
- Which Blobs are experiencing fear?
- Which Blobs are feeling angry? Why?
- Which Blobs are on a mission?
- Which Blob/s did you feel like about these murders?
- Which Blob would you like to feel like?
- Which Blob do you think God feels like?