Future in Mind, was published in March 2015 by the government to establish priorities for Children and Young People’s Mental Health. In addition the government committed to spend an additional £1.25bn over five years on Children and Young People’s Mental Health. CCGs have had to submit transformation plans to NHS England, and North East Hampshire & Farnham CCG has led on the development of plans on behalf of the five Hampshire CCGs.
Priority areas for investment:
- commission earlier intervention services through evidenced based counselling / psychological support
- increased access to earlier intervention services through evidenced based parenting programmes
- improve access and support for young people who have been sexually abused and/or exploited
- develop Eating Disorder Service to ensure compliance with new standards
- reduce waiting times for young people waiting for an intervention from CAMHS
- improved access to technological solutions that support young people’s emotional wellbeing and mental health.
£2.36m has been allocated across the five Hampshire CCGs. A board paper for West Hampshire CCG gives a breakdown of how this is being split between the CCGs. Access the board paper here.