At our leaders training on Friday night we highlighted our top twelve tips for behaviour management:
- Focus on the issue at hand
- Be pro-active
- Be aware of flash-points in your programme
- Give progressive warnings and consequences
- Use Time Out
- Remove children/young people from the group when disciplining
- Ask the child or young person what they think should happen
- Don’t discipline out of anger
- See them through God’s eyes
- Don’t be proud
All of this is underpinned by being positive – positive praise and a positive outlook.
What other tips would you add?