Youth Ministry and Church News from around the world
News from around the world of youth ministry and church:
- Baby Jesus stolen from St Annes Square nativity scene: Baby Jesus has been stolen from his manger in a town centre nativity scene. Police are investigating but an amnesty was in place and baby Jesus could be returned to any church in the parish with “no questions asked”.
- Libby Lane named as next Bishop of Derby: The next Bishop of Derby will be the Right Reverend Libby Lane, Downing Street has announced.
- The Spectator – Archbishop’s notebook: The Archbishop of York writes in the Christmas edition of The Spectator magazine.
- #FollowTheStar Christmas campaign: The Church of England launched its own Christmas advert, with the message that churchgoers experience a feel-good factor which lasts all year.
- Foodbanks are now part of everyday life: The Bishop of Lambeth, Tim Thornton, warns that food banks are becoming part of everyday life even for working families.
- London PCC’s criteria for accepting a bishop went too far: The report by Sir William Fittall, Independent Reviewer in relation to the House of Bishops Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests, can be found here – ‘Grievance from the PCC of St George’s Headstone’
- Churches offer shelter at night as winter sets in: Report on churches opening their doors this winter in response to the rising number of people sleeping rough.