Frank Viola blogs on 10 Twitter Mistakes that Make You Look Clueless:
In the spirit of “do unto others,” I’m writing this post to pass on what I’ve learned. Some of these things are mistakes I’ve made myself. Others are things I intuitively knew were bad practices when I first started out, but I keep seeing people practice them.
I’m no expert on Twitter (I don’t know if such people exist), but I can pass on what I’ve learned and have observed.
- Repeating the same tweet over and over again.
- Repeating the same tweet multiple times, tagging all the people you want to see the post
- Retweeting compliments and posts that extol your own work.
- Only tweeting your own work.
- Asking questions that demand long answers
- Overwhelming your Twitter followers with too many tweets in a day
- Not thinking before you tweet
- Never Retweeting others
- Never checking or responding to your Direct Messages (DM)
- Tweeting things that contain no value for your readers