What a fantastic story … Firefighters were called to rescue a boy in Essex who was stuck inside a washing machine. Patrick Grieves, eight, from The Tythings, Halstead, got stuck on Monday evening after being dared to climb in by his sister Jade. His worried mother, Susan, called Essex Fire and Rescue Service after she was unable to get him out. The fire crews managed to manoeuvre Patrick so they could get him out without having to cut up the machine.
Jade told BBC Radio Essex: “He went in feet first because he knew that was the only way he could get in and I dared him to do it, so I am a naughty girl. I know I shouldn’t have, but my mum has told me off so I have my punishment – grounded for a fortnight.”
Mrs Grieves said: “I was panicking that I wasn’t going to get him out – I tried but couldn’t.”
She said firefighters arrived on the scene within minutes. “Patrick kept saying ‘Get me out, get me out, chop my legs off’,” Mrs Grieves said. “The firefighters got him to relax and got him out that way.”
What a hialarious story, something I always wanted to try doing, but am glad I didn’t.