Chelsea and the Dutch FA insist Marco van Basten is not in line to become manager at Stamford Bridge. A Chelsea statement said on Wednesday: “Chelsea totally refute that the job of manager or first-team coach has been offered to any individual other than Avram Grant. No one at Chelsea has been authorised to speak to any individual about the post, either by the board or the owner. Any suggestions that any team plans or arrangements have been changed due to representations from the players are totally false.”

When asked whether Chelsea had been in contact regarding Van Basten, Dutch FA spokesperson Anja van Ginhoven told BBC Sport: “No. Van Basten will talk to the Dutch FA at the end of the year about a new contract or leaving after Euro 2008.”

So that ends all the speculation? No, of course it doesn’t, Avram looks like he is in a temporary role filling in for Chelsea until they get their man, be it van Basten or Hiddink.

Chris
cskidd1983@gmail.com
Married to the amazing Sarah and raising Jakey, Daniel, Amelia, Josh & Jonah in our blended family. Passionate for Jesus, social work & sport.

0 thoughts on “Luton’s plea for financial help from Liverpool is turned down”

  1. I think the problem is, clubs such as Liverpool are being taken over by businessmen who put business above the game. From a business standpoint, it is fairly obvious why they turned down Luton’s plea – you wouldn’t want to give your profits away to help a competitor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.