Key headlines from the last two weeks:
- Capello strips Terry of captaincy: John Terry is stripped of the England captaincy following allegations about his private life and replaced by Rio Ferdinand – at one time a suspected drug cheat.
- BBC’s Motty hoping to end drought after four goalless draws: If John Motson gets a little carried away should either Wolves or Tottenham score when they meet at Molineux on Wednesday, then please forgive him.
- Togo appeal over Nations Cup ban: The committee running Togolese football appeals to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over their ban from the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Eriksson will not seek Notts cash: Sven-Goran Eriksson writes off £2.5m owed to him by Notts County.
- Premier League defends owner test: The Premier League defends its “fit and proper person” test after criticism from Stoke manager Tony Pulis in the wake of the financial crisis at Portsmouth.