Some headlines from the world of football:
- Premiership clubs ‘owe most cash’ : English Premier League clubs owe more money than all the other top clubs in Europe put together, according to a Uefa study.
- Arsenal announce boost in profits : Arsenal announce an increase in pre-tax profits to £35.2m and say its debts have been drastically reduced.
- Man City shock nine-man Chelsea : Carlos Tevez and Craig Bellamy score twice as Manchester City come from behind to beat Chelsea 4-2 after Wayne Bridge refuses to shake John Terry’s hand.
- Terry will not lead under Capello: England coach Fabio Capello says John Terry will not regain the captaincy while he is in charge of the team.
- Ramsey has surgery on broken leg: Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey undergoes surgery to fix fractures to his tibia and fibula in his right leg suffered in a challenge with Stoke’s Ryan Shawcross on Saturday.
- Rooney heads Man Utd to cup glory: Wayne Rooney comes off the bench to score the winner as Man Utd beat Aston Villa 2-1 in the Carling Cup final at Wembley.
- Pompey’s James would take pay cut: Goalkeeper David James has intimated that he may be prepared to take a pay-cut to extend his career at Portsmouth.