Interesting news from around the world of football includes:
- Ruud Gullit stepped down as coach of Los Angeles Galaxy after they found themselves in the fourth place in the MLS Western Conference despite Beckham. Alexi Lalas, the man responsible for luring David Beckham to the Major League Soccer (MLS) club became one of the heads that rolled in the sweeping changes that Timothy J. Leiweke, head of Galaxy’s owners AEG is carrying out in the hope of improving things.
- Chelsea table £19.7m bid for Real Madrid’s Brazilian striker Robinho [BBC]
- West Ham United and Fredrik Ljungberg have parted company, with the Swede just one year into a four-year contract [Guardian]
- Referee Mark Clattenburg has been suspended pending enquiries into reports regarding his alleged debts [BBC]
- Iain Dowie’s long-term future as QPR manager remains in serious doubt following a bust-up with chairman Flavio Briatore [Mail]
- Andrei Arshavin goes on strike, as Zenit St Petersburg refuse to lower their £27m asking price [Telegraph]
- Top 25 richest players under 30 [Times]