Headlines from the world of football this week:
- Manchester Cit gifted a goal: and yet they only manage a draw.
- Beckham deal not close: LA Galaxy says AC Milan are “not close” to signing David Beckham after making a “ridiculous” offer for the player.
- Redknapp to play youngsters again: Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says after the 2-0 loss at Shakhtar Donetsk that he will have to field an even less experienced side for the second leg. I understand why, but it is disappointing for fans when the Premiership becomes more important than Europe.
- Ferguson writes off Chelsea chances: Sir Alex Ferguson says the Premier League title race is between Manchester United and Liverpool after United beat Fulham.
- Schmeichel hails Man Utd defence: Peter Schmeichel beleives Manchester United’s defence is “the best in the world”.
- Eduardo delight at dream comeback: Arsenal’s Eduardo describes his two-goal performance as he returns following that horrific leg injury as “the best day of my life”.
- Clough backs Man Utd trophy push: Derby manager Nigel Clough believes Manchester United could win all five of trophies they are competing for this season.
- Beckham donates shirt to charity: The widow of Bobby Moore praises David Beckham for donating the shirt in which he made his record-equalling 108th England cap to charity.