Some funny and interesting stories from around the world:
- Boy raises thousands in quake aid: A seven-year-old boy aiming to raise £500 Haiti by cycling round a park instead raises tens of thousands of pounds.
- Tesco ban on shoppers in pyjamas: Customers in a Tesco store are asked not to wear nightwear or go barefoot to avoid upsetting other shoppers.
- Indonesian bee sting boy cleared: A nine-year-old Indonesian boy is cleared of “severe abuse” by a court, for stinging a classmate with a bee.
- Teacher aiming to swim Atlantic: A teacher and athlete from Peterborough is setting out in May to swim the Atlantic as the first stage of a global triathlon.
- Ambulance chiefs threaten to sack paramedics who wear novelty socks: Uniformed staff have been barred from wearing socks with images of cartoon characters, jokes and garish patterns after bosses branded them “unprofessional”.
- Indonesian man loses his teeth in a cigarette explosion: An Indonesian man has been given compensation after a cigarette he was smoking exploded, taking out six teeth.