Some funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- Sword swallower sets world record: An Australian performance artist sets a world record by swallowing 18 swords at the same time.
- Millionaire gives away fortune that made him miserable: Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away every penny of his £3 million fortune after realising his riches were making him unhappy.
- School bans Valentine’s Day cards: A primary school in Weston-super-Mare is criticised for banning Valentine cards to save pupils the “emotional trauma” of rejection.
- Vodafone launch ‘cheapest phone’: Vodafone launches what it says is the “lowest cost mobile phone on Earth”, aimed at people in developing countries.
- Ruby valued at £11m sold for £8k: A ruby thought to be valued at £11m and used to support an insolvent Shropshire construction firm is sold for £8,000.
- ‘Rob me’ site reveals empty homes: A Dutch website called PleaseRobMe claims to reveal the location of empty homes based on what people post online.
- Man Endures 30 Chick Flicks in 30 Days: Nick Waters watched a “chick flick”, or a movie targeted to women, every day for 30 days with his wife, and wrote a review for each one. He says he did it to better understand the opposite sex.