Some funny and interesting headlines from around the world:
- DIY pair cause home avalanche: Two men in Fife have caused a mini-avalanche after trying to clear their gutters of ice to prevent any structural damage.
- Medals deal struck for Royal Mint: The Royal Mint wins the contract to produce athletes’ medals for London’s 2012 Olympics
- Flash-mob evacuation at US mall: A California mall is evacuated as a 5,000-strong flash-mob of singers organised by a local choral society cause the building to shake.
- Michelle Obama helps out Santa tracking hotline: US First Lady Michelle Obama answers calls to the Norad service that tracks Santa’s global gift-delivering progress.
- Antarctic plumber: The man who keeps the pipes from freezing at -50C
- Australia airbed teenagers saved: Police in the Australian state of Queensland retrieve three teenagers who tried to use air mattresses to float 30km (20 miles) on floodwaters.
- Bon Jovi are top earners of 2010: Veteran rock band Bon Jovi are named the world’s top concert attraction of the year, according to a recent survey.
- Parole linked to kidney donation: Two US women convicted of armed robbery can be freed if one donates a kidney to the other, the governor of Mississippi says.