Some more funny and random headlines from around the world:
- Paragliding grandma breaks record: A 101-year old great-great grandmother from Utah breaks the world record for the oldest woman to do a tandem paraglide.
- Lucky cat survives 19-storey fall: A cat from Boston, Massachusetts fell from a window 19 storeys high and amazingly survived with just bruises.
- YouTube ‘birdman’ explains hoax: A Dutch film-maker man who posted a video of himself apparently conducting a successful test flight of a “wing-suit” he had invented, explains his hoax.
- Borat tune stuns Kazakh medallist: A Kazakh shooting gold medallist is stunned as the comedy national anthem from the film Borat is played for her victory in Kuwait instead of the real one.
- Canoeist completes Atlantic trek: Hungarian canoeist Gabor Rakonczay, who went missing while attempting a lone crossing of the Atlantic, arrives safely in Antigua in the Caribbean.
- Music ‘eases stress of surgery’: Playing music to patients while they go under the knife reduces their anxiety and may even improve healing, surgeons say.
- Chickens to reduce organic waste: A French village proposes giving two chickens to each household in order to cut down on organic waste.
- Russia’s new ‘best worker’ prize: Russia’s President-elect Vladimir Putin announces a new Soviet-style contest to find the country’s best blue-collar workers.
- Draught excluder in snake alert: A woman calls in the Scottish SPCA after finding a 5ft snake in her loft – but it turns out to be a lookalike draught excluder.