I’ve just received details of the Growing Young Disciples training day on Sat 7th May 2016 in Winchester run by The Good Book Company:
How to grow a living faith in children & young people (and yourself)
An action-packed, fun-ﬁlled, high-octane, Bible-busting training day for anyone involved with children and young people.
The day includes a mix of sessions for both helpers and leaders, whether you work with young children or older teens.
Choose one of five seminars to answer your questions and shape your thinking.
Plus two practical workshops, one from Group A and one from Group B, to help you grow in your practical skills and understanding.
with Phil Moon
- What is a living faith?
- Growing a living faith in yourself
- Living faith for 14-18s
- Living faith for 11-14s
- Living faith for 7-11s
- Living faith for under 7s
- Unpacking the message
A beginner’s guide to understanding and teaching the Bible to children and teens
- AFocus the fun with children. A beginner’s guide [C]
- AEncouraging parents to read the Bible with their children [C]
- ASupporting teens who struggle with homosexuality [T]
- AMoney and possessions [C/T]
- AInside out: encouraging an outreach mindset [T]
- BOne-to-ones with teens. A beginner’s guide [T]
- BSocial action [C/T]
- BHelping teens to talk biblically about homosexuality [T]
- BFresh ideas for teaching children to pray [C]
- BFakebook generation: teens wearing masks [T]
[C] = children; [T] = teens