The weekend that was:Friday was a busy night at Brigades, it was great to see so many young people sign up to our Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. Saturday morning was spent checking out Halls Green – Hannah is running a school residential there in a few weeks time, and our year 7-9 weekend away will be there next May. In the afternoon we cleared our kitchen in readiness for the refit happening this week. The evening was spent at Mooli, a Nepalese restaurant in Tunbridge Wells for our summer camp leaders social – it was good food and catch up.
Sunday was busy:
- Children and young people were in for the first 15 minutes of the service (which isn’t normal for us) as part of our Harvest celebrations
- R’n’R started a new series on The 10 Commandments, and spent time doing the BU annual statistics
- We had our weekend version of our new Parents’ Forum – we had double the numbers in comparison with the week night version but still very low; either we’re doing a great job, or we’re not scratching where parents are itching – something to think through before our next set in April.
- SNR spent the evening with the challenge of how deep do we want to go, or are we settling for a comfortable life now we’re settled back into the normal school term – tough challenges presented really well by Dan, one of our Ministry Apprentices – it’ll be interesting to see how the young people respond.
- Met with a young person to catch up on some pastoral issues.
On my task list this week: Finalising plans for the work on our youth cafe, finishing off baptism prep for young people being baptised this Sunday, and lots and lots of meetings.
Procrastinating about: Getting my diary in balance – feels very busy at the moment.
Book I’m in the midst of: Still reading chunks of The Complete Book of Discipleship by Bill Hull.
Music that I’ve been working along to: Loving Amy LaVere recently.
How I’m feeling about this week: Desperate for our young people to be enabled to go deep with God.