A few months ago I sat and wrote some priorities for the next academic year. I came across them a few days ago and thought I’d blog on them:
Things to say no to
- Boys’ Brigade Weekends Away (2 weekends per year).
- Leading a youth cell group.
- Regularly attending the Tonbridge & Malling Youth Association.
- Regularly attending the Trench Neighbourhood Action Group.
- 50% of Connexions Networking meetings.
- A local secondary school’s Yr 5 transition days.
- A local secondary school’s Governors role.
- Doing less Fairtrade presentations in local secondary schools.
Things to focus on
- Management, leading, and pastoring of adults
- Writing of resources and articles
- Doing further study (possibly including the gaining of JNC status)
- The transition of year 6s including those about to attend our local secondary school
- Moving mentoring (both for me and by me) to school holidays
- Recruiting and training of leaders
- Delegation of administrative tasks
What are some things you’re having to say no to, and what are the other things you’re focussing more on.