I listen to Michael Hyatt’s great podcast on how better productivity practices don’t help unless you are headed in the right direction in the first place.
Here’s his summary:
In this podcast episode I talk about the relationship between vision and productivity. I share the story of becoming a divisional leader at Thomas Nelson. Better productivity would not have improved our operating results. We needed a better vision.
And here’s his outline:
I discuss how any leader can develop vision by following these seven steps:
- Get alone with a journal and a pen.
- Make sure you won’t be interrupted.
- Close your eyes and pray.
- Jot down your current reality.
- Now write down what you want to see happen.
- Share your vision with those who have a stake in the outcome.
- Commit to reading your vision daily.