Loved Nicholas Bate’s Seven Handy Productivity Strategies:
- The Forward View: roll out the schedule and ask: what’s coming up? Note a few and start preparing now. Avoids surprises.
- The Break, Break and Date: take a big project and or task and smash it to pieces and then decide when you will do each piece.
- The Postpone: when under pressure and stress is saying ‘do everything’, sit back and ask ‘what could be safely delayed?’.
- The Top Of The Mountain; take an hour out and gain perspective. What is really important here?
- The 3 by 5 Card: all you need for the day. On one small card.
- The One List, One Place: all you need to do, all you have to do. In one place.
- The R&R: time to rest and recuperate.