I love sleeping!
I like sleeping, resting, doing nothing – it’s an art I’ve been learning – I’ve always been lazy but sometimes I get frustrated with myself when I feel like I’ve done nothing. More recently I’ve realised the refreshment and energy I get from sleep and rest is so important.
Sometimes work and responsibilities take over and keep me from lying in bed as late as I’d like. Sometimes, life is so busy I can’t do I would really like to do.
That’s probably why I love this passage.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Did you get that?
- No matter what you’ve got going on.
- No matter how many curve balls life’s thrown at you.
- No matter how much it feels like the walls are caving in on you.
- No matter how many nights you’ve been kept awake by worry and pain.
- No matter how tired you are from fighting the faithful fight.
Go to Him, sit in His presence, tell Him how you feel, confess to Him that you don’t know where to turn or how to keep going, and then sit in the silence and listen intently.