Loved Ten TTD (Things To Do) Before 1 January 2011 by Nicholas Bate, something I’ll be thinking about over the next few days:
Why Wait? Get Ahead of the Crowd.
- Set your 2011 goals now. Then on 1 January you’ll be up and running already.
- Book that gym assessment now. Otherwise by the time they have cleared the back-log it’s mid January before you even get on a running machine.
- Order the books and materials you need to reach those new goals listed in 1, above. Set up an area at home to work on this. Get energised about it.
- Sort the christmas present list-finally-in one 30 minute writing so that it isn’t taking up any more unnecessary December time and energy.
- Then get back to those goals.
- Draw the master plan for 2011 (that is a detailed plan as to how those goals will be materialised) on poster-sized paper and stick it above your work area.
- Identify two other people who are as keen as you to explore some new and exciting things in the coming year: for themselves and/or their business and/or their family or community.
- Have a first meeting with them: get a one hour meeting per month during 2011 booked into respective diaries to help each other, move plans along and sustain motivation.
- Identify the potential blocker list. Resolve everything on it, now. Whether that’s things to be cancelled (forget conversational French classes for the moment: it’s really not working), conversations to be had (‘sweetheart, this is really important to me‘) or admissions to be made (the only thing stopping me on this, is me).
- Get excited about this. Really excited. It’ll make the holiday season twice as good. Man is a goal-seeking animal. It ensures he gets up in the morning. And gets up with boundless energy. Do it now. Ahead of the crowd.