I am proud to be a Yorkshire man, beating the established sporting powerhouses of countries like Australia, Japan, South Africa, Germany and Cuba, the independent Republic of Yorkshire are currently 7th in the Olympic medal Table!
Not even Usain Bolt and the Jamaican track team have been able to overtake the incredible small country of Yorkshire. Disconsolate Australian athletes have apparently been heading up the M1 looking for the recipe for Yorkshire puddings. However, Supreme athletics coach Geoff Boycott claimed 12 hours a day down the mine does great things for your long-term fitness.
Yorkshire Gold Medals include:
- Jessica Ennis – Heptathlon
- Ed Clancy – Cycling – Men’s Team Pursuit
- Andrew Triggs-Hodge – Rowing – Coxless Four
- Katherine Copeland – Rowing – Women’s Lightweight Double Sculls
Silver medals include:
- Nicola Wilson – Equestrian Eventing
- Lizzie Armitstead – Women’s Road Cycling
Bronze medals include:
- Ed Clancy – Cycling – Men’s Omnium
- Tom Ransley – Rowing – Men’s Eights
More medals may be coming to Yorkshire with the Brownlee brothers riding, running and swimming in the triathlon on Tuesday.