Some interesting headinlines:
- Youth comment on local policing: Young people are being given the chance to influence local policing with the Metropolitan Police’s online survey.
- Police warn of teenage ‘sexting’: an article from the summer on the topic of sexting.
- Teenage boys are not yobs but loving, maligned boys: research shows that the vast majority of teenage boys are ambitious, career-minded, home-loving and, above all, happy.
- Community empowerment for young people: the Speaking Out project (developed by the National Council for Voluntary Youth Services) commissioned the think tank Demos to conduct a study into community empowerment issues relating to children and young people. It’s well worth reading. (Thanks Richard).
- France May Put Warning Labels on Airbrushed Photos: some French legislators want to require that advertisements, product labels and even campaign posters carry a warning when they feature a photograph that’s been digitally enhanced.
- ‘The Lolita Effect’: How the sexual image of young girls is being manipulated.